As we speak I wish to introduce to you one of the crucial successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Arena), which is oriented in direction of the famous Warcraft 3 - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For many who never performed DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game idea I will clarify it intimately:
League of Legends would not put excessive requirements in your PCs. You want no less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free exhausting disk area, - DSL or comparable
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You may also create an account on US whereas residing in Europe but you will expertise greater pings then. I provide you with a link to create an account in my author's bio. Select a name (always the hardest half) and a nice image and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 gamers (there are more game modes, however they are not necessary to start with because as a newbie you must start with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all choose a "champion" who's the character you wish to use in battle. Dependant on your private preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, an enormous granite golem, slightly boy riding on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are more than eighty (!) completely different champions and each second week one is added.
Every champions has four totally different skills (three regular and one further robust, the "Final") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You study the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which implies that you have 5 points in every normal ability and 3 in your ultimate.
You obtain experience for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it's not essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
To start with you typically play whatever you want, later it is useful to speak with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you have a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The totally different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means capability power, they primarily deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Injury, they primarily deal physical injury with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are arduous to kill and defend their very own carries, for example by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have both buffs or heals to support their carries and keep them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not begin in the lane however in the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The fascinating point is: Depending on the gadgets you equip on your champions they're often able to meet completely different roles!
To start with you don't have personal champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should purchase extra champions with influence factors (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has three totally different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you have to destroy earlier than you can assault the bottom itself. As a assist your fundamental constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which show you how to in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. For those who kill these you obtain gold and/or momentary buffs.
As soon because the match begins everybody has about a minute to spend his beginning capital on objects within the shop.
This doesn't take long since you do not have much gold within the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (right here you will need to give them the final blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several items which grant you further income (the so known as gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
Should you destroy the enemy major constructing (Nexus) your staff wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, however, you must destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on a minimum of one lane and the two towers which shield the Nexus. So it isn't the perfect idea to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 should you do not push the lanes on the same time. An average match takes 30-45 minutes, not often more than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 it's also doable to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a pretty new domination map ("Dominion") the place it's important to seize and defend sure points. In addition there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner level 30 (explanation follows) during which you receive an Elo depend depending in your wins and losses. For learners I extremely advocate the conventional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not only select a name and a picture for your self (you are a so known as "summoner", don't combine it up with the "champions") but you might be also able to level up yourself and purchase small buffs with Affect Points (IP).